New Groups Organiser
Other Team Members
Our Groups Team
Diana Pavey (team leader) is the groups coordinator, with overall responsibility for coordinating all group activity and providing support to established groups. Diana
• is the contact point for information, queries, issues, concerns from conveners, members
• represents groups interests on the Executive Committee
• maintains, updates and distributes guidance notes for conveners
• organises conveners meetings and oversees organisation of the annual Open Day
• helps in dealing with waiting lists and setting up further groups
Diana may be contacted on email@example.com
Graham Bennett is new groups organiser. Graham
• develops ideas for new groups
• draws up the web page together with the convener and ensures that the group is promoted on the website, in bulletins and at monthly meeting
• supports conveners until the group is established
• helps with the organisation of the annual Open Day, conveners meetings and the members satisfaction questionnaire
Graham may be contacted on firstname.lastname@example.org
Ed Allen is Groups Beacon support working with all conveners. Ed
• helps conveners to use the Beacon membership system
• explains the benefits of Beacon
Ed may be contacted on email@example.com
Carl Parker is groups data analyst and technical support contact. Carl
• works with other team members devising and analysing questionnaires
• updates the list of venues available for events and groups
Carl may be contacted on firstname.lastname@example.org
Both Carl and Ed provide support on a range of tasks, including the annual Open Day and conveners meetings.
… albeit with restricted numbers.
▷ Find out more about the Outings Group
It may be possible to restart some mosaic garden sessions soon but before detailed planning takes place, the Convener would like to gauge how much interest there is in making a stepping stone using broken ceramic. If you are interested, please contact Jacqui Osley via the Mosaic Group page.
The National u3a organises a running online series of events and talks on a wide variety of subjects for its members. Places must be booked in advance.
Find out more
The Spring 2021 issue of Third Age Matters, the magazine of the U3A, has just been published. If you would like to receive a regular copy of the magazine please email email@example.com.
u3a : Keeping in Touch is a Facebook group for U3A members to stay in contact with each other and also a place to share ideas u3as are using to maintain learning and interests and to keep in touch. The Group has over 5,000 members.
Find out more
Join us for a talk on the work and influence of Dame Mary Quant, the revolutionary designer who democratised fashion. Although probably most associated with the Swinging Sixties her global impact on clothes, cosmetics, accessories, home interiors, etc continues to inspire today.
The speaker, Heather Tilbury Phillips, a U3A member from Bury St Edmunds, was formerly a Director of Mary Quant Limited with responsibility for the Marketing and Public Relations of Mary personally and the international brand. She is also the Advisor to the V & A on their record breaking exhibitions.
The talk is for U3A members only and will be delivered online via Zoom. This is not an event organised by the Crouch End & District u3a and will not be recorded. Registration is required.